Monday, May 2, 2011

Quick! I Need a Gift!


As usual, my husband tells me things at the very last minute. Last week was Secretary's Week and of course he never mentioned to me anything about getting gifts for the secretaries. It was too late to buy gifts so I suggested getting gift cards. I didn't want him to just hand them the gift cards with no card or packaging. Of course not! -- and making two cards would have taken me too much time so I thought of making gift card holders with a tag that he can write a personal note on. Both took me about an hour to make.





SUPPLIES
Paper: White, Pear, DCWV Patterned Paper
Acc:  Scalloped Oval Nestability Die (Spellbinder), Oval Punch and 1/8" Circle Punch (SU!), Organza Flower and Leaves Cutting File (Creations by AR), Wired Thread (DMC), Organza Ribbon.


QUICK INSTRUCTIONS:
Cut Patterned Paper 12" x 4" and score at 3-3/4" and 8-3/4" (you're left with 3-1/4")
Trim short end (at the 3-1/4" side) in an oval shape -- or keep it straight or "V-shaped".
 At the other short end (the 3-3/4" side), punch a half oval at center.
 Fold that end over towards the middle and adhere at both edges.
 Decorate, slip the gift card inside and tie with a ribbon to keep it closed.


That's it for now!  Thanks so much for stopping by!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Kim Burmeister said...

Wow! These are beautiful! They will love them.

Lyn B said...

I just love how pretty this packaging is! Great idea!

Patti J said...

You are incredible! Beautiful card holders! They will squeal with delight!

Gra Sandel said...

Really beautiful!!!
Love the paper!

Mandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Adela!