Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Family Tree Gift Set
Stampendous Holiday Inspirations at Paper Craft Planet! Throughout the month of November, the PCP design team will share their projects each Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If you haven't been there lately, you've got to take a look at all the fun projects you can make for the holidays!
My project for today uses the Stampendous Cling Family Tree Set to make a gift ornament, something you can hang on your tree year after year. I also made my brand new template, Gift & Card Combo (a card with a gift box built-in!) to hold the gift. Here are the instructions for making the ornament.
1. Stamp image on a 4" x 6" piece of felt or other fabric. I used the ink that I've always used when coloring with Copic Markers -- Pitch Black from Adirondack.
2. Color carefully with markers.
3. Add embellishments like Glitter, Stickles, Rhinestones, etc...
4. Layer another piece of fabric behind image and cut both pieces together (to get the same shape) around image. I used my Scalloped Oval Nestabilities die to cut both pieces at once.
5. Stitch around edge with thin yarn or embroidery thread, leaving 2" open for stuffing. For non-sewers, you can use fabric glue like Fabri-Tac.
6. Stuff with fiber fill (batting) and continue to stitch or glue to close.
7. Sew or glue ribbon for hanging.
That's it for today. I hope you stop by PCP and visit Back to Basics with Stampendous! Thanks for visiting!