Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lava Adventure

Today my family and I were taken to the lava site by Capt. Roy on his little tiny boat.  The water was so rough that I was hanging over the edge in case of a bad incident, but luckily nothing bad "came up." It was a 30 min ride to the site where the lava was constantly flowing at an area that last week was a black sands beach! Now it's just full of glowing ember. I can't believe we got as close as 20 feet to it! I tried attaching one of the videos I took here, but I still have to edit it because the file was too large to upload. But, here are a couple of pictures from today.



Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Tethered2Home said...

That is incredible!

Rita said...

Wow...amazing!

Kathleen said...

What an amazing photograph, and to think you were only 20ft away. Thank you for sharing.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

What a brilliant photo! Your trip sounds amazing.