Friday, August 6, 2010

Finally Blogging Again!!

I can't believe how long it's been since I've last posted here. Life has a way of taking over every minute of the day, especially if you have children and a sick husband!

 ~ The last few weeks I've been getting my daughter ready for college and trying to get her settled into her new apartment. It's another phase in parenthood. Good thing she's only about 20 miles away, but it's still hard for a mother.

 ~ My younger daughter decided to go through six weeks of summer school so she could get ahead this fall. The only problem was that I had to drive her about 30-40 minutes each way. That was a struggle, but I shouldn't complain because she's doing so well in school. She starts again in three weeks. I had promised to help her redecorate her room before summer was over, so that's another project in my long to-do list.

 ~ My husband recently took two weeks off from work because it turns out he caught pneumonia from a patient. He's much better now, but he's still not 100 percent healthy. Good thing he's on vacation now so he can recuperate completely.

Right now, the four of us are on vacation on the Big Island of Hawaii. We DEFINITELY needed this vacation. Here are photos of what I wake up to each morning and the beautiful sunsets every evening from our hotel room balcony. Tomorrow we're off on a boat trip to see the red-hot lava falling into the ocean. Should be a great trip!


Thanks for stopping by and check back August 15th for my new release of embellishments! A new template is also in the works, so stay tuned....

Aloha for now!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Rita said...

Gorgeous pics! What resort is this, it's so beautiful? Hubby & I want to go to Hawaii next year & will be looking into hotels & resorts to stay at & I'm fussy where I stay, so any info would help us out so we can look it up on the net. Thanks. Enjoy your vacation, you deserve it!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Enjoy your time in paradise, and get some much needed rest. Hawaii is a location on my bucket list and I hope to get there one day.

Heather Rogers said...

Sounds like you definitly have your hands full at the moment. You don't look old enough to have a daughter in college. :)

I am totally jealous you are in Hawaii! Amazing pictures Adela.

jinky said...

Glad to have you blogging again. I can relate to you. I myself is on Vacation, I haven't posted anything in my blog since July 22nd. (huh!) Hawaii pics are Amazing! Can't wait for your next post.