Monday, May 3, 2010

Time to Chill-ax


I recently purchased this set from Taylored Expressions called Chill-ax and it reminds me so much of my younger sister. I first heard that word from her a couple of years or so ago and I just loved how it sounded! Needless to say, when I saw the sentiment on one of Taylor's sets, I had to get it! Anyway, I thought it would be perfect to use on this week's sketch (TESC111).

The image is recessed behind the die cut. To make the glass sparkle with the cold drink, I brushed glitter Smooch over it. You might not see it in the photo, but it's there and it adds a bit of sheen and sparkle to it and I love how I can just paint it on like nail polish!

SUPPLIES
Stamp: Chill-ax (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: White Pure Luxury (Gina K.), Banana (SU!), Ooh-La-La Patterned Paper (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Copics, Pumpkin Pie (SU!)
Acc: Lace Ribbon (TE), Felt Cut-Outs, Rhinestones, Smooch, Scalloped Border Punch, Label Die (Spellbinders), Dauber, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

I think I'll send this card to my sister, just for fun. Well, thanks so much for stopping by and -- just Chill-ax, Chickie!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

So cute! Such an adorable stamp. :)

Taylor said...

Hi Adela! Thanks for participating in the TESC111 sketch challenge! Your card turned out super cute...makes me dream of summer and drinks by the pool! I selected your card as one of our Top Crops this week! You can check out the announcement here: http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/2010/05/tesc111-top-crops.html

Here's a link to the Top Crops badge if you'd like to display it on your blog:

http://sites.google.com/site/tayloredexpressionsimages/images/TopCropsbadge.png