Friday, March 5, 2010

Tulips and Spring


Tulips remind of my visits to the Netherlands several years ago. Amsterdam is my favorite European city so far and I had such an amazing time there. The people were so friendly; the architecture of the houses and churches were so unique, not to mention all the canals! One memorable place I visited was the Anne Frank House. The eerie feeling of being there and seeing where several people hid for a couple of years -- I will never forget that. One day I hope to visit again and maybe meet some of the people I've "met" through blogging.


Now on to this card. Card making is easy when the make up of the cards are all layed out  The sketch is from the OCCSC5 challenge this week. Check out the gorgeous cards from their design team.


The colors I used are from the Color Throwdown Challenge #82
Challenge #3 is from Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Chanllenge FTTC56. The challenge was to add scallops to the card. It may be small, but the velum in the center has a scalloped edge and so does the lace ribbon.

I hope you like this card and by the way, Paper Craft Planet is featuring the theme "Spring is in the Air" for the entire month of March. The PCP design team will be adding to that album throughout this month, so I hope you'll take a little visit over there to get inspired.


SUPPLIES
Paper: Vanilla (SU!), Prima Designer Paper, Velum
Acc: 1" Ivory Organdy Ribbon, Lace Ribbon, Prima Flowers, Button (Joann's), Sizzix Label Die, Bling (My Mind's Eye), Glue Dots, Pearl Dew Drops

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for dropping by!
Photobucket

No comments: