Monday, February 22, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays


Yes, it's Monday, but it didn't rain like the weatherman said! YAY! Anyway, the sentiment I used on this card was taken from an old song by the Carpenters. If you don't know who they are, then I'm really old!

This is another card I made for this week's PCP Sketch Challenge, only I made it landscape. The image is called It's a Rainy Day and it's from our sponsor, Soft Pencil Digital Stamps. If you want the details for the sketch challenge, check out my previous post. Don't forget, there is a prize with this challenge!

For this Rainy card, I decided to give it a little "lift." The image is actually behind the raised patterned paper. The umbrella is also raised, giving it a 3D effect. To do this, simply make an extra umbrella image, cut it out and adhere it to the original image using dimensionals. It's one of my favorite effects and is very easy to do.


One thing I love about card making is that you can always find ways to fix your mistakes. For example, I didn't like how I colored the original umbrella, thus the 3D effect. Also, I used the wrong size circle punch on the sentiment -- since I didn't have a larger punch to layer it on, I just punched out the colored card stock using the same punch, but skooched it to the side a little. It's so nice that boo-boo's can be fixed!

SUPPLIES
Paper: White, Coral, Riding Hood Red, Flamingo DSP (SU!)
Ink: Copic Markers
Acc:  1" White Organdy and Grosgrain Ribbons, 1/4" Blue Grosgrain Ribbon, Circle Nestabilities, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Stickles, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Pearl Dew Drops

I hope all of you stay warm and dry today!  Thanks for stopping by.

Photobucket

No comments: