Monday, April 26, 2010

Match Box 3D Challenge


The other day I was thinking about my Match Box Sizzix die and how I haven't used it in a long, long time. Well, time to put them into use! I'm hosting the 3D Tuesday Challenge on Paper Craft Planet this week and this is just the perfect 3D project. It'll give me a chance to take my die out and play!

The Challenge: Make a "new" non-traditional project using the Match Box die but change at least one thing about it. Even if you don't have the die, it's fairly easy to make one without it.



For my projects, I decided to do away with the wrap-around "sleeve" and decided on easy-to-open flaps. The bottom of the box is adhered to the wrap-around piece. For the larger project, I used two boxes and made a belly band out of a tied ribbon. You can also use velcro or magnets for keeping it closed.

When uploading your photo to Paper Craft Planet, be sure to add the tag 3d59. I can't wait to see what you come up with! Have fun!


SUPPLIES
Paper: SU! and My Mind's Eye
Acc: 1" Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, Match Box Die (Sizzix), Nestabilities, Leaf Pin Trinket (Maya Road), Felt Flower (AR)


Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Wendy Hawkinson said...

I love this box. BUT I don't understand how to get a scallop edge on the sleeve. ???

~Wendy Hawkinson
stampiepoo@gmail.com